Saturday, November 27, 2010

Word Is Out on EVIL TWIN and It's All Good!



The advance copies of EVIL TWIN went out a month ago and the first reviews are in! About 85% of the copies sent out were commented on by industry movers and shakers such as some of the names below...and family and friends are digging this record too!

60s pop star and songwriter Lesley Gore had this to say: "I got a chance to listen to your CD last night. Wow. You are amazingly prolific. I enjoyed the CD very much. It took me almost a minute to recognize 'I Just Don't Know if I Can.' Great surprise. I think you have improved that baby. I hope it does well." NOTE: "I Just Don't Know if I Can" is a hidden bonus track, the only song I didn't write on EVIL TWIN. Lesley Gore and Carol Bayer Sager wrote it in 1964.

Gay rap legend Deadlee, primary influence on the tone of the CD, said this: "The EVIL TWIN CD is a dash of the past dash of the future mixed together is FIRE!! You surprised me. I made a copy for my truck - don't wanna mess this one up! MY favorite tracks - "Morning Wood," "Assault" & secret trax oh & "Suicide"

Lyricist Mistery Face wrote: "Enjoyin dis album very much - "Edge" is crazy..."

Underground gay rap star The Da Quan of Sgt Sass says: "...the CD is inspiring, your lyrics are moving...thank you for sharing your gift."

R&B wunderkind producer-writer-songwriter-recording artist Loren Jamal: "You did an excellent job on your album, I played it today in my office and I like it a lot! Two thumbs up #LJCertified ;-)"

Multi-talented producer-artist Eddy J Free says: "Very creative, experimental and cool stuff. I get it man."

And now that EVIL TWIN is on iTunes and CD Baby, the reviews will continue to come in! But don't sleep! Get yours! You can sample all the songs on either site - soon to be on Amazon as well...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/evil-twin/id405771166

1 comment:

W. W. Watson said...

Great CD, Jim. Thoroughly enjoyed it!